This Gestalt IT Showcase is presented by Kevin W. Bross, Principal Engineer/Modular Architect at Intel Corporation.
– Distributed applications and communications systems need timing synchronization
– What other applications are driving synchronization needs? What level of synchronization is needed?
– Timing references are often tied to GPS devices; should we be integrating GPS units into NICs and servers, or should we leave them as dedicated timing appliances?
Kevin W. Bross
Kevin has held a variety of engineering and marketing roles at Intel Corporation. Kevin represented Intel in the development of numerous telecommunications, lead-free solder, and energy-efficiency standards. He architected Intel’s first M2M/IoT gateway product and worked on numerous IoT-related products/initiatives across Intel. Kevin helped drive the development/trials of 64-antenna Massive MIMO cellular base stations and is currently working on 5G infrastructure, specializing in timing architectures and hardware design while managing the 5G infrastructure lab.
Blog posts related to this Showcase
- Haunted When the Minutes Drag: Hyper-Accurate Network Time Synchronization …Just for Fun! By Micheline Murphy
- Intel Opens New Doors for Precision Timing by John Herbert
The Gestalt IT Showcase is an interactive conversation featuring a company subject matter expert and a panel of independent, technical IT influencers. These sessions add valuable thought leadership and credibility to product presentations. The IT Influencers dig in, ask questions, and discuss the content on camera – creating a conversation you won’t see anywhere else.