Sam Clements of SC-Wifi writes:
The worst tool in your toolbox is the one you don’t use. I found myself pondering that point when the fine folks over at Oscium sent me one of their WiPry-Pro Spectrum Analyzers – purpose built for iOS. While I don’t want to turn this into an Apple vs Android conversation, I personally use an iPhone and when I temper my tools needs with the devices I use (or am reluctant to use), the WiPry makes for a very handy first exposure tool. Now, many Wireless LAN Professionals will argue the merits of triage using a protocol analyzer vs a spectrum analyzer – my take on that piece of the problem is that you should be able to effectively use whatever is at your fingertips. The Oscium solution makes the spectrum analyzer very rapidly available for casual, at a glance, look at your network as well as a good indicator of where you should go next. Out of the box, the device is very intuitive with a lightning connector on one end and an SMB antenna port on the other end. When you attach the included antenna, and download the WiPry app from the app store, you get a good look at where most people head first – Layer 1 visibility into the 2.4GHz spectrum.
Great look at a new spec-an tool for iOS. Which may make it useful enough to carry around all the time.
- Virtual Cloud Network Deep Dive – A Fresh Review of NSX - October 12, 2018
- Ookla Acquires Ekahau – The Future of Wi-Fi Design is Speedy! - October 10, 2018
- Making It In A Multi Cloud World - October 1, 2018
- Will MPLS Ever Go Away? - September 12, 2018
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018
- Circle K Finds Value In SD-WAN Speed - July 2, 2018
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018