- Podcast 1: Gestalt IT Tech Field Day Overview
- Podcast 2: Tech Field Day Drobo Roundtable
- Podcast 3: Tech Field Day VKernel Roundtable
- Podcast 4: Virtual Field Day Nimbus Roundtable
- Podcast 5: HP Roundtable at Tech Field Day
- Podcast 6: Stack Wars Roundtable 1
- Podcast 7: Stack Wars Roundtable 2
- Podcast 8: Symantec Application HA, VirtualStore, and NetBackup 7
- Podcast 9: Compellent Roundtable at Tech Field Day
- Talking Cloud Storage Gateways With Nasuni and Cirtas
- Podcast 11: Why do we have Wi-Fi controllers in the enterprise?
This week’s Tech Field Day roundtable discussion focuses on the presentation given by HP at our Boston event. This presentation included a strategic overview from Tom Joyce, HP’s new VP of StorageWorks Marketing, Milan Shetti Sr., Director of NAS Engineering, as well as an introduction to the X9000 NAS (former IBRIX) product from Patrick Osborne, NAS Business Development Manager.
|More photos from this event may be found on Flickr|
The Field Day delegates were keen on discussing the overall HP strategy, returning time and again to HP’s complete end-to-end product lineup. They were concerned that they had not yet seen HP’s cohesive strategy, but many felt that they could see it emerging as management and product changes are being made. The scale-out NAS concept impressed the delegate crew, and they praised its feature set and the logic of integrating this technology in the company’s newly-unified hardware stack.
Joining HP for this roundtable discussion were the fifteen Tech Field Day Boston delegates.