Tom Lyon is a Founder and Chief Scientist at DriveScale. In his time in IT, he’s been an intern at Bell Labs, an early employee at Sun Microsystems, and a Distinguished Engineer at Cisco. At Sun, Tom contributed to the UNIX kernel, created the SunLink product family, and was one of the NFS and SPARC architects.
Our conversation touched on how he got his initial interest in IT, best and worst industry trends, and what book is currently on his desk.
- IT Certifications in 2019 - January 14, 2019
- Dropping the HAMR on Qualcomm | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 9, 2019 - January 9, 2019
- Composable Infrastructure is Just Blade Server 2.0 – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 8, 2019
- Saying Goodbye to Python 2.7 - January 4, 2019
- NooBaa is acquired by Red Hat - January 4, 2019
- 10 In-demand skills to learn in 2019 - January 3, 2019
- US Tariffs and Embedded Systems - January 2, 2019
- Stephane Charbonneau – IT Origins - December 21, 2018
- Australia demands an end to data protection - December 21, 2018
- Thomas Kurian and a Post-Greene GCP - December 20, 2018