Tom Lyon is a Founder and Chief Scientist at DriveScale. In his time in IT, he’s been an intern at Bell Labs, an early employee at Sun Microsystems, and a Distinguished Engineer at Cisco. At Sun, Tom contributed to the UNIX kernel, created the SunLink product family, and was one of the NFS and SPARC architects.
Our conversation touched on how he got his initial interest in IT, best and worst industry trends, and what book is currently on his desk.
- Supercomputers Are Switching to Arm Too - July 3, 2020
- AWS Goes to Space | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2020
- Ep. 8: Is Dell Selling VMware? - June 29, 2020
- Intel’s Tiger Lake Is CET For Security - June 29, 2020
- NetApp Buys a Spot in the Cloud - June 26, 2020
- Will Dell Spinoff VMware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 24, 2020 - June 24, 2020
- Ep. 7: What is Intel’s x86 Future? - June 22, 2020
- Midrange Levels the Playing Field - June 22, 2020
- Amazon Doesn’t Buy Slack… Yet - June 19, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Reaches General Availability | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 17, 2020 - June 17, 2020