Tom Lyon is a Founder and Chief Scientist at DriveScale. In his time in IT, he’s been an intern at Bell Labs, an early employee at Sun Microsystems, and a Distinguished Engineer at Cisco. At Sun, Tom contributed to the UNIX kernel, created the SunLink product family, and was one of the NFS and SPARC architects.
Our conversation touched on how he got his initial interest in IT, best and worst industry trends, and what book is currently on his desk.
- Hass.io Changing OS - April 23, 2018
- Flickr, SmugMug, and SaaS - April 23, 2018
- E8 Storage Announces InfiniBand Support - April 20, 2018
- Cisco’s Latest AP Comes With A History Lesson - April 20, 2018
- Droplet Computing: Living La Vida Legacy - April 20, 2018
- Trends – IT Origins Survey - April 19, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Terrible No Good Very Bad Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 18, 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Open Mesh Brings Major Disruption to SMB Space, Goes Full-Stack - April 17, 2018
- BONUS: Karen Lopez – IT Origins - April 17, 2018
- You Can’t Handle the SaaS in Gestalt News 18.14 - April 16, 2018