We are looking forward to having first-time delegate, David Ball, at Cloud Field Day 5.
How did you get into Technology and IT?
Not intentionally….I was working at a textile mill and got bored one day, so I made a spreadsheet detailing our fabric inventory, and my boss loved it! Because we weren’t selling much fabric, he had to lay me off, but he got me an IT position that I started the next day.
What do you do now?
I’m a Solutions Consultant focusing primarily on data center (can be on-prem, cloud, or hybrid) solutions. Put simply, I work with our Solutions Architects to design, and with our customers to implement technology solutions that help them solve business challenges.
Where do you see IT going in the next 3-5 years?
I see IT going everywhere! I believe we live in an exciting time in that the cloud has and is transforming not just IT, but the entire human race. In my opinion, the cloud provides virtually limitless possibilities and I think we’ll see IT being used to provide remarkable innovations.
What was your first computer?
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
Flying, definitely flying
What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?
I enjoy traveling, photography (especially old airplanes), and sports…I especially enjoy going to MLB baseball games, doesn’t matter who is playing.
What are your biggest challenges?
I think my biggest challenge both personally and professionally is prioritization and time management. Personally, I’m married with 6 kids so it’s important to me to spend time with my wife and kids while also getting everybody to dance classes and basketball games, getting school done, etc…some days I just want to pass out to be honest with you. Professionally, there’s so much going on in IT, so many applications, so many vendors, so many ways to get things done…oh and customers. So how do you balance what “new thing” you’ll learn? How does that align with where you want your business to go? And how does this help customers?
Cloud Field Day 5 is happening April 10-12, 2019. Mark your calendars, so you can catch the presentations live!
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Gina Rosenthal - November 13, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Greg Ferro - November 11, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Markus Leinonen - October 9, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Bart Heungens - October 7, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Stefan Fouant - September 30, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Remington Loose - September 27, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Jeremy Schulman - September 25, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Josh Warcop - September 23, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – A.J. Murray - September 20, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Kati Lehmuskoski - September 19, 2019