Denny Cherry is coming to Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day.
If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
I would love having the ability to fly.
What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?
In my spare time I ride my Indian motorcycle and play X-Box games.
What do you do now?
I’m the CEO and Principal Consultant for Denny Cherry & Associates Consulting. We’re an IT Consulting Firm with 6 consultants with customers as small as companies with 2 employees and as large as Fortune 20 companies. We focus on Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and the other pieces of the Microsoft Data Platform suite.
What are your biggest challenges?
My biggest challenge is just keeping up with new features and new technologies in my field. The field is always changing and new features and products are coming up all the time, and the amount of time needed to keep learning is just insane.
Where do you see IT going in the next 3-5 years?
Over the next few years I see more and more systems and services moving to the cloud.
How did you get into Technology and IT?
I pretty much fell into it. My dad was VP for a computer company when I was a kid, and I got my first computer when I was 5, so working in IT was a pretty natural fit.
What was your first computer?
I have no idea what brand computer was my first, but it was a generic v32 processor powered IBM clone, which was the precursor to the 8086 CPU.
Please join us at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day on April 1-2, 2019!
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Stephanie Ihezukwu - June 4, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Evan Mintzer - May 31, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Tricia Howard - May 29, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate: Nico Stein - May 24, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Adam Post - April 3, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Brian Gleason - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Keith Townsend - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Denny Cherry - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Alex Neihaus - March 28, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – David Ball - March 27, 2019