Brian was a first-time delegate at Networking Field Day 20, back in February, and will be at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day.
What do you do now?
I focus on the network technologies for an integrated circuit design company in Austin. I focus on network architectures and integration within LAN/WAN, wireless, and security disciplines.
How did you get into Technology and IT?
That’s a long story, but, I’d dropped out of college and started working for an IT training company in Austin. The instructors were very kind and answered a lot of my questions. I started to see that tech was more than strictly programming. I started way back in the Windows NT 3.51 days!
What are your biggest challenges?
Helping other technologists see what “could” be for our network in support of business initiatives. I think technologists can make a huge impact on business success when done correctly and when we break through all the FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).
Where do you see IT going in the next 3-5 years?
I enjoy taking business needs and developing a technical solution. I think I will be in the VAR or vendor space working as a solutions architect.
What was your first computer?
If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?
I teach firearms courses to individual and teams. Precision and tactical marksmanship is a passion of mine.
Please join us at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day on April 1-2, 2019!
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Dr. Avril Salter - July 16, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Kyle Jenner - July 14, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Lariana Luy - July 14, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Calvin Hendryx-Parker - July 13, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Andy Thurai - July 13, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – John Deegan - July 9, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Neil Anderson - July 7, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Jim Jones - July 2, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Tony Bradley - May 14, 2020
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Pieter-Jan Nefkens - May 6, 2020