He’s back! He’s back! Keith Townsend is back as a Tech Field Day delegate and is at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data Centric today!
How did you get into Technology and IT?
My parents gave me a TRS/80 Color Computer 2 back in 5th grade. I’ve been bitten ever since. While I didn’t enter the industry until I was 25, via a help desk position, I remained an enthusiast the whole time.
What was your first computer?
TRS/80 Color Computer 2 (Not that failure 1)
What do you do now?
I’m co-founder of The CTO Advisor LLC. I do Accounting, HR, and Marketing… oh, I also advise companies on their IT strategies.
Where do you see IT going in the next 3-5 years?
More of the same. Oddly we are in a great period of change that’s hitting the stride. Companies are realizing vendors no longer drive the conversation around the discipline of IT. Companies are at the cusp of figuring out the world with IT vendors dictating the pace.
What are your biggest challenges?
Making payroll. Seriously, starting a business is stressful enough. Making sure I bill enough work and the monies actually hit the bank account takes a great deal of effort.
If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
To be smarter.
What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?
Run – A LOT!
Please join Keith, and the rest of the delegates, today at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day!
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Adam Post - April 3, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Brian Gleason - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Keith Townsend - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Denny Cherry - April 1, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Alex Neihaus - March 28, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – David Ball - March 27, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Chris Arceneaux - March 25, 2019