He’s back! He’s back! Keith Townsend is back as a Tech Field Day delegate and is at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data Centric today!
How did you get into Technology and IT?
My parents gave me a TRS/80 Color Computer 2 back in 5th grade. I’ve been bitten ever since. While I didn’t enter the industry until I was 25, via a help desk position, I remained an enthusiast the whole time.
What was your first computer?
TRS/80 Color Computer 2 (Not that failure 1)
What do you do now?
I’m co-founder of The CTO Advisor LLC. I do Accounting, HR, and Marketing… oh, I also advise companies on their IT strategies.
Where do you see IT going in the next 3-5 years?
More of the same. Oddly we are in a great period of change that’s hitting the stride. Companies are realizing vendors no longer drive the conversation around the discipline of IT. Companies are at the cusp of figuring out the world with IT vendors dictating the pace.
What are your biggest challenges?
Making payroll. Seriously, starting a business is stressful enough. Making sure I bill enough work and the monies actually hit the bank account takes a great deal of effort.
If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
To be smarter.
What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?
Run – A LOT!
Please join Keith, and the rest of the delegates, today at Tech Field Day Exclusive at Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day!
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Josh Fidel - August 23, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Wences Michel - August 16, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Jennifer (“JJ”) Minella - August 12, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – François Vergès - August 9, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Timothy Dennehy - August 7, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Haydn Andrews - August 7, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Manon (“Mae”) Lessard - August 6, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Dave Benham - August 5, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Scott Driver - June 21, 2019
- Meet Field Day Delegate – Matt Callaway - June 19, 2019